Suggested reading list for beginners:
- Robert Aitken - Taking the Path of Zen
- Robert Aitken - The Morning Star
- Ruben L. F. Habito - Total Liberation
- Shunryu Suzuki - Zen Mind, Beginners Mind
- Thich Nhat Hanh - The Heart of Understanding: Commentaries on the Prajnaparamita Heart Sutra
- Thich Nhat Hanh - The Diamond That Cuts Through Illusion: Commentaries on the Prajnaparamita Diamond Sutra
For those interested in working with koans, the Diamond Sangha uses Robert Aitken's translation of the Wu Men Kuan titled The Gateless Barrier as the primary textual reference.
These titles and many others are available for loan to ZDS members at the Zen Desert Sangha Library.
Other Southern Arizona Zen Groups:
- Desert Rain Zen - www.desertrainzen.org
- Singing Bird Sangha - http://www.singingbirdsangha.org
- Pathless Path at Redemptorist Renewal Center - www.desertrenewal.org/rrc/programs/pathless_path.html
- Upaya Sangha of Tucson - www.upayatucson.org
- Bisbee Lotus Sangha - www.bisbeelotussangha.org
(We're happy to add other groups to this list; send a link to us at firstname.lastname@example.org)